Gluten Free Almond Lemon Cake
Mm-mm-mm! This juicy, fluffy cake is quick to prepare, absolutely delicious and gluten free. Enjoy!
- 450g ground almonds
- 120g blue berries
- 120g cane-sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 lemon & the zest of a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon of gluten free baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- For the lemon topping:
- 120g icing sugar
- 2,5 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 50g ground pistachios without peel and salt
- In addition, you’ll need baking paper and a baking tray
- Preheat the oven up to 160° upper / lower heat and cover the baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the egg yolks and sugar into the mixing bowl of your preferred kitchen mixer and mix everything until nice and foamy.
- In the meantime, rinse the blueberries and let them drain in a sieve.
- Cut the vanilla bean lengthwise, open and scratch out the pulp with a knife.
- Add the ground almonds, vanilla pulp, lemon zest, baking soda and salt into your mixing bowl and blend everything until creamy.
- Now add the lemon juice and turn off the machine and add the blueberries into the dough.
- Beat the egg white until very stiff. Then add the egg white foam to the dough and pour everything on to your baking tray.
- Place in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes. We recommend the ‘wooden stick test’ after baking – if the dough sticks to the wood, bake for another 5 minutes.
- As soon as the almond cake is ready, take it out of the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes. Afterwards, carefully lift the cake out of the form, slowly remove the baking paper and let cake cool down completely.
- Finally, blend the lemon juice and icing sugar very well and pour it over the cooled cake. Scatter the pistachio crunch – and voila! Enjoy!