Protein gives us the energy to get up and go – and keep going!
While too much protein can be harmful to some health conditions such as kidney disease and diabetes, eating the right amount of high-quality protein can have many health benefits including:
• Helping your immune system function properly, while maintaining heart health and your respiratory system.
• Speeding up recovery time after exercise.
• Protein is vital to the growth and development of children and for maintaining health in your senior years.
• High-quality protein can help reduce your risk of diabetes and cardiovascular disease**.
• Protein can help you think clearly and may improve memory recall.
• Protein can improve your mood and boost your resistance to stress, anxiety, and depression.
• May help you maintain a healthy weight by curbing appetite, making you feel full longer, and fueling you with extra energy for exercising.
As well as being a friend to our insides by improving our health and energy levels, protein can also benefit our outsides by helping to promote healthy skin, nails and hair, build muscle and maintain lean body mass.
**always consult your practitioner if you are concerned about conditions such as kidney disease, diabetes or cardiovascular disease.