This is a simple and delicious way to spice up your backyard BBQ. Enjoy!
- 2 corn on the cob *pre-boiled*
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 3 tomatoes
- 1/4 chili
- 1 lime *Optional alternative: lemon*
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped basil
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of salt
(You may need 2 extra pans)
- Peel and finely dice the garlic and onion
- Clean and chop the tomatoes
- Clean and finely dice the chili
- Cut the lime in half (set it aside for the moment)
- Slightly heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, add the diced onions and garlic to the pan and cook for about 1 minute
- Add the tomatoes, stir well and cook for 10 minutes
- Brown your corn cobs on the grill or you can use a pan: add the butter and the remaining olive oil into another pan and slowly brown the corn on all sides
- Add the coriander, the basil and the lime juice to the tomatoes mixture, stir well and season with some salt.
- Take the corn cobs off of the grill or out of the pan, spoon the sauce over and serve.