Did you know that regular LDL/HDL cholesterol tests are only a rough indicator and can fail to spot high-risk cholesterol levels, while returning misleading warnings for healthy people?
It is a popular controversy that high cholesterol levels automatically indicate an increased risk of heart attack. In fact, demographic studies have shown that nearly 50% of patients who develop a cardiac disease have “normal” cholesterol levels. Patients therefore require more comprehensive testing to provide an accurate picture of their risk of cardiovascular disease..
LipoScan: Your Unique ‘Cholesterol Fingerprint’
The LipoScan test is a detailed and unique profile of the cholesterol in your blood. This helps your doctor plan further treatment or dietary adjustments to protect your cardiac health – and your future.
The LipoScan test reveals your true cholesterol risk by going deeper than ordinary tests and analysing LDL ‘sub-fractions’. LDL sub-fractions are a type of fat particle in your blood. These particles are absorbed by cells in the blood vessel wall and may contribute to arterial plaque build-up or coronary artery disease. LDL sub-fractions can conceal a high-risk cholesterol problem – even when your overall level of LDL cholesterol is “normal.”
ImuPro offers three in-vitro diagnostic tests (conducted on fasting blood serum sent to our labs in Germany) which each provide a detailed piece of the bigger picture for a patient in assessing their overall cardiovascular health. The tests can be done on their own, step by step or together as a bundle.
- LipoScan identifies a patient’s true atherogenic risk caused by the presence of highly atherogenic small dense LDL and IDL particles which often hide behind normal cholesterol levels. This new procedure measures the cholesterol level in mg/dl in 14 parameters (Total Cholesterol, Total LDL, HDL, VLDL, 3 IDL fractions, 7 LDL fractions) based on the National Cholesterol Education Program Adult Treatment Panel (NCEP ATP III) guidelines.
- Oxidised LDL offers additional analysis of arteriosclerosis risk and therapy through the identification of oxidised LDL cholesterol particles.
- Fatty Acid Status determines a patient’s pro- and anti-inflammatory status by differentiation of saturated, mono-unsaturated, poly-unsaturated and trans fatty acids. This test can be used in conjunction with your practitioner to guide your change of diet and supplemental therapy based on your ratio of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids.
Clinical Benefit to the LipoScan Concept tests:
- Screening, treatment decisions and monitoring of lipid disorders
- Determination of patient’s true atherogenic risk
- Carefully targeted therapy
- Reducing possibly counterproductive drugs